Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Daddy Issues?

For documentation purposes: this was written about 2 years ago. And even though nobody reads anything I post here, I still wasn't sure if I should post it. 
So why post now? Probably cause I care less. 
I think. 

Anyhow, here goes nothing baba:

Fresh and old bruises
Heart's purple and blue
I resign every time, I know:
It is what it is and you are you
But dad you just don't stop
And I can't get over it or you
Words & thoughts stuck in my head
Etched like scars covered with glue
Anger spiked then started fading
But the bruise didn't, it grew.

It's not just what I know you said
It's how you see things so askew
How you choose to label things:
Actions, people, your daughters, too.
How I'm reminded every time
Of what I'm like in your warped view.
And it doesn't matter anymore
If I comply and follow through
Not that I will, nor do I want to
A breakaway is long overdue. 

So let me put this in clear terms
Even though this will never reach you
There's no real way to reconcile
So I'll be me, and you be you
I wish you health and peace of mind
And an insight, unbiased and true
Or keep your own, but all to yourself
And maybe lots of distance will do.
I'll be the bad daughter that I am
But I'll try to outgrow blaming you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment